My name is P

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 08:55 am
Hi,

I am a person who is trying to put his touch on the philosophical and moral world. I will be answering a lot and posting a lot of interesting stuff. My goal is to get and give a better view of the world, ourselves and our inner selves.
Why am I calling myself P? P stands for many things. Peace, passion, philosophy, etc. And what I think is very important is that it stands for what I call "Piece of the World". I see myself as a piece of the world, which means I am a person who is aware of what the world is like, I don't ignore anything, I am able to listen to problems of the world and I am willing to do something for the world, etc.
Why am I hidden then? I'm hidden, because my identity means nothing to the improvement of the world. So does my location. Or my age.
What is for me a good solution to improve the world? I ask then: What is the world? Is planet Earth the world? Or is the community that lives on Earth the world? I personally think the latter is the right idea, so if that's the case, the best solution is not to better the world but to better the minds. It doesn't matter what we do for the third world countries, because there are always people with the wrong ideas, the people that make sure the help given will be misused, etc. These people are the source of the problems of the world.
Think about it, why do we see the problem and then work on the problem to better the situation, but not search the source and get rid of the problem. But as easy as this sounds, it is almost impossible to accomplish. Because the "bad ideas of humans" reside in almost every one of us.

OMG, seems I talked to much!!!
I will stop now and will continue this another time.
Be on the look out for my threads.

You now know something about my ideas and my view of the world and my goals in live as Piece of the World. I hope I can meet more people on the net and accomplish more than some philosophy threads.

Thank you for reading,

P

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 10:00 am
@pieceoftheworld,
Welcome Pieceoftheworld!

Very interesting personal philosophy. "Oneness" is a very recurrent theme in philosophy, with philosophies such as Spinoza's substantial monism and of all things Christian dogma. But yours seems to have more of a Native American/Oriental Indian spin to it. You may be interested in Albert Schweitzer's "reverence for life" theory. I strive to prescribe to it as much as I am able.

But I don't know if I would agree with this statement though;

pieceoftheworld wrote:

It doesn't matter what we do for the third world countries, because there are always people with the wrong ideas, the people that make sure the help given will be misused, etc. These people are the source of the problems of the world.
Think about it, why do we see the problem and then work on the problem to better the situation, but not search the source and get rid of the problem. But as easy as this sounds, it is almost impossible to accomplish. Because the "bad ideas of humans" reside in almost every one of us.

But still, welcome and enjoy the forum!

jgweed

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 10:09 am
@pieceoftheworld,
Ultimately, the world will only improve with the diffusion of a general attitude infused with a philosophical grounding and perspective.
I look forward to reading your posts, perhaps agreeing and perhaps with a friendly question or two.
Welcome to the Philosophy Forum!
Regards,
John

sarek

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 02:27 pm
@pieceoftheworld,
Goeiemoggel, pieceoftheworld,

Welcome to the forums.

pieceoftheworld

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 03:54 pm
@pieceoftheworld,
Thank you for your welcome.

I appreciate also that you read my long story and replied to it. Thnx
I also like to announce that I started a thread on the same subject. Please speak your mind out there and I hope we can have a great discussion on the matter.

http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/philosophy-forums/branches-philosophy/social-philosophy-human-relations/2872-state-world-now-our-fault-can-helped.html#post36031

pieceoftheworld

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 03:56 pm
@sarek,
sarek;36022 wrote:
Goeiemoggel, pieceoftheworld,

Welcome to the forums.

Ook aan jouw een goeiemoggel, sarek.

I will make the best of it.

Jay phil

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 08:02 am
@pieceoftheworld,
Greetings Piceoftheworld,

Could you please elaborate more on your statement listed below, please help me understand what you mean by this. I want to make sure that I do not misunderstand you. Thanks.

"It doesn't matter what we do for the third world countries, because there are always people with the wrong ideas, the people that make sure the help given will be misused, etc. These people are the source of the problems of the world.
Think about it, why do we see the problem and then work on the problem to better the situation, but not search the source and get rid of the problem."

pieceoftheworld

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 11:24 am
@Jay phil,
Jay;36320 wrote:
Greetings Piceoftheworld,

Could you please elaborate more on your statement listed below, please help me understand what you mean by this. I want to make sure that I do not misunderstand you. Thanks.

"It doesn't matter what we do for the third world countries, because there are always people with the wrong ideas, the people that make sure the help given will be misused, etc. These people are the source of the problems of the world.
Think about it, why do we see the problem and then work on the problem to better the situation, but not search the source and get rid of the problem."

I meant (it's maybe not true, just a theory) that the people in the countries that get help may be using that help in a different way than was intended. Imagine the people relied on it. they would grow lazy(not neccesarily, but I mean do not make use of the help) and so don't grow on their own. The help shouldn't stop then, but the people should be taught or told or however be shown that they should start growing their own resources to develop their status, country and economy. With source I meant the people possibly getting lazy and so the help they need won't stop and their state would worsen.

I need to apologize for this sentence:
"These people are the source of the problems of the world."
That is not what I meant, sorry. I meant to say that the wrong ideas are the source of the problems of the word. It's not the fault of the people, but the things they believe or are taught or aren't taught.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:36:07